Candle Care Guide
Although candles bring relaxation, memories and comfort, their open flame can be hazardous when not monitored properly. We want to make sure that you burn your candles happily and safely, so please read the guidelines we’ve outlined for you below.
- Prior to burning your candle, trim the wick at least 5mm. This prevents uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Keep the pool of wax free of wick trimmings and any debris at all times.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant small dish as the soy wax typically melts and can get a little messy. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces.
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
- Remember to trim wicks before each burn.
- As for every soy wax product, candles can acquire a slightly frosted layer after a while. If you notice this happening gently buff it with your finger or a soft cloth to remove the frosting. This is a sign of our candles being made with 100% natural soy wax.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping. If you are going to leave the room or go to bed, be sure to extinguish all candles first.
- Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a candle when the wax is liquified.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For safety measures, stop burning a candle when there is 5mm of wax left.
- If burning multiple candles, place each candle at least five centimetres apart from one another. This is to ensure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Before re-lighting, let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts.
- Use extra caution when burning candles during a power outage. Battery-powered lights like flashlights are much safer sources of light during a power failure.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lit candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle, if available, as it’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Before leaving the room, make sure your candle is completely out and there is no glow coming from the wick ember.
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
How to store your candle
- Avoid spraying household products, or home spray in the air, or on surfaces near the candle.
- When your candle isn't in use, store in a cool dry place and cover it with an elegant candle lid to protect the quality wax from dust, which can dull its scent and cause problems during burning.
- Condensation on the surface of a candle is a sign it has not been stored correctly, or has been stored for too long. Make sure to wipe this away with a paper towel before lighting.
- Storing candles for too long can affect the scent, so use your candle in a reasonable time to make the most of its beautiful fragrance.
Our beautiful candles are carefully hand-poured in our studio in Cambridge, UK and are delivered to you in 100% plastic-free packaging.
We offer high quality fragrance and fragrance-free candles, made with 100% natural soy wax and organic cotton wicks making them sustainable and vegan friendly. Each candle is poured individually, making each piece a truly one-of-a-kind artisanal product.